Who doesn't love chocolate mousse? This recipe is bursting with goodness and deliciousness as it contains real natural wholefoods which are going to nourish your body. The banana and avocado combo create a beautiful creamy texture which you will fall in love with, everyone I have made this for has absolutely loved it. If you are worried about the taste of avocado in this don't be, no one that I have given this to have guessed it would have been in there.
The awesome thing is it's super easy and quick to make. I like to enjoy it as an afternoon snack or as a dessert when I feel like something indulgent. It's also the perfect dessert to serve to guests at a dinner party. This recipe serves two however you can easily double or triple the recipe if you planned on serving it to a few guests. This recipe is gluten, dairy and refined sugar free so suits those on a raw, vegan or paleo diet.
• 1 frozen banana
• 1/2 avocado
• 2 heaped tablespoons raw cacao powder
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
• 4-6 tablespoons coconut milk/cream
• Cacao nibs or shredded coconut (optional toppings)
1. Blend all ingredients together into a blender or food processor. If it's too thick and isn't blending you may need to add a small amount of coconut cream.
2. Spoon mixture into glasses, top with cacao nibs or shredded coconut then pop them into the fridge to chill for an hour before serving, or enjoy it straight away as I often do! This recipe will last a few days in the fridge.
Recipe by Natalie Brady, from Natalie Brady Nutrition ©