Terms & Conditions
Nutrition Consultation Agreement Contract
By accepting and paying for your initial consultation the client agrees to the following with Natalie Brady Nutrition (NBN).
You will discuss and agree the support you require from NBN in your first session, and review the progress and focus of your work together as you go along. You may decide to end your work together at this point or continue working together on a more ad-hoc basis.
The initial session is 60 minutes in length, and follow-up sessions last 30 minutes. Longer sessions, and more frequent sessions, can be negotiated if you require more intensive support. If you are late for an appointment the session will still end at the arranged time.
You are required to pay for sessions, which are missed or cancelled, with less than 48 hours notice. Please note we require payment before your scheduled session/s start. You will receive an invoice at the time of booking the initial consultation.
It is important that you attend sessions regularly. However, if you do need to cancel an appointment, please let NBN know as soon as possible. If an appointment is cancelled within 24 hours of your appointment a late cancellation fee will be processed to you which is 50% of the cost of the appointment you were booked in for.
If you miss a session without prior discussion it will be assumed you no longer require the sessions and your contract will be terminated.
If you pay for a program or package deal and wish to cancel your follow up appointments after the first session, a 50% refund will be issued. If follow up appointments for a program or package deal are not used within 6 months from your initial appointment date no refunds will be given as it will be assumed you no longer require the sessions and your contract will be terminated. If you pay for an initial nutrition consultation prior to your appointment date and decide to cancel your appointment with less than 48 hours notice no refund will be given as a time in our calendar has been reserved for you making it unavailable for others.
Clients of NBN are confidential plus all discussions within clinic sessions. There are however, some limits and exceptions to confidentiality. If NBN has serious concerns about your safety, or the safety of another person normal confidentiality may be lifted.
Problems & Complaints
If you are having a problem with NBN, or the service, which you have not been able to resolve please provide written details of the concern.
Working on Skype, Phone & FaceTime
It is your responsibility to have a working internet connection for all Skype and FaceTime sessions. You will be charged for scheduled sessions if Natalie Brady is waiting for your call, but you are unable to connect online. We will call you for any phone sessions to a New Zealand landline or mobile number if you are in the New Zealand.
The Nutritional Therapy Descriptor
Nutritional therapy practitioners use a wide range of tools to assess and identify potential nutritional imbalances and understand how these may contribute to an individual’s symptoms and health concerns. This approach allows them to work with individuals to address nutritional balance and help support the body towards maintaining health. Nutritional therapy is recognised as a complementary medicine and is relevant for individuals with chronic conditions, as well as those looking for support to enhance their health and wellbeing.
Nutritional therapists is not permitted to diagnose, or claim to treat, medical conditions. Nutritional advice is not a substitute for professional medical advice and/or treatment. Practitioners never recommend nutritional therapy as a replacement for medical advice and always refer any client with ‘red flag’ signs or symptoms to their medical professional. They will also frequently work alongside a medical professional and will communicate with other healthcare professionals involved in the client’s care to explain any nutritional therapy programme that has been provided.
The Client understands and agrees to the following:
- I am responsible for contacting my general practioner (GP) about any health concerns.
- I give permission for you to contact my GP regarding any agreed aspects of my case: YES
- If I am receiving treatment from my GP, or any other medical provider, I should tell him/her about any nutritional strategy provided by my nutritional therapist (Natalie Brady). This is necessary because of any possible reaction between medication and the nutritional program
- It is important that I tell my nutritional therapist (Natalie Brady) about any medical diagnosis, medication, herbal medicine, or food supplements, I am taking as this may affect the nutritional program.
- If I am unclear about the agreed nutritional therapy (Natalie Brady) program/food supplement doses/time period, I should contact my nutritional therapist (Natalie Brady) promptly for clarification.
- I must contact my nutritional therapist (Natalie Brady) should I wish to continue any specified supplement program for longer than the original agreed period, to avoid any potential adverse reactions.
- Recording consultations using any form of electronic media is not allowed without the written permission by both NBN and you the client.
Natalie Brady Nutrition Website Disclaimers
These terms and conditions apply to the use of the website nataliebrady.co.nz (including any mobile versions or applications) (“website”). By using the website, or purchasing services from NBN you confirm that you agree to these terms and conditions (as they may be amended from time to time with or without notice). If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you must not use the website or purchase services from us.
The term ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website, Natalie Brady Nutrition and the “website” refers to the site at url: www.nataliebrady.co.nz. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
Information on natailebrady.co.nz and related materials are provided for educational and informational use only which does not constitute medical advice. The information is not tailored to individual circumstances, it is not intended to be, and should not be used as a substitute for medical advice. In using this website or our services, you must use your own judgement and common sense.
- If you think you may be suffering from any medical condition or have any concerns at all about your physical or emotional health or well-being, please refer yourself immediately to your GP or a medical professional. The information contained on this website and related social networking feeds is not intended to be an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare provider, and should not be used as such. If you have any specific questions about any medical matter you should consult your doctor or other professional healthcare provider. You should never delay seeking medical advice, disregard medical advice, or discontinue medications or medical treatment because of any information disseminated or linked to by NBN.
- Commentary and other materials posted on our website are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by your visit to our website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites which are not under the control of NBN. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them. We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
NBN is the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in our website and in the material posted on it. These works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Any redistribution, reproduction, resale, transference or modification of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
- You may share links to your own personal information with whoever you choose, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
- If you are a professional who chooses to recommend the website to support the work that you do, you must not create the impression that you are employed by or are in any way connected to NBN, unless we have entered into an agreed collaboration. You must credit NBN as the source of any information that you use from the website.
You may not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system. Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence. If you wish to collaborate with us, we would welcome the opportunity to discuss your idea; please contact us via the links on the Contact page of this website. We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions from time to time. This may be for reasons including legal or administrative requirements, or to correct an inaccurate statement. We will provide notice of the change to you via the Website where we deem this necessary. We encourage you to review these terms periodically to check you understand the latest version.