Paleo Chicken Curry On Cauliflower Rice (Video)
This is one of my favourite nourishing and warming recipes as it’s so simple to make and is super customizable. This recipe contains very basic ingredients however you can jazz it up by adding additional veggies such as courgettes, green beans, broccoli, carrots, even sweet potatoes or tomatoes. This meal is so warming and nourishing to your insides and contains ingredients that will help boost your immune system. Plus it tastes delicious, so what’s not to love!
- 6 boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1″ pieces
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 large white onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 can coconut cream
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 tsp chilli flakes (more if you like it spicier)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Coriander to serve
- 1/2 head cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Coconut oil or olive oil for frying
1. In a large fry pan add the coconut oil over medium heat. Once it melts add the chopped garlic and onion and saute for 3-5 minutes.
2. Add curry powder, tumeric, ginger, chilli flakes and saute for another 30 seconds.
3. Add the chicken and cook until browned on both sides. Add vegetables here if desired and cook for a few minutes to soften.
4. Add the coconut cream and bring to a boil (add 1/2-1 cup of water here if you prefer more liquid). Reduce heat to a simmer, and simmer away for 25-30 minutes. Stir it every so often to combined flavours and make sure nothing sticks to the bottom of the pan.
5. Cauliflower rice – while the dish is simmering take the chopped cauliflower florets and add it into a food processor, and process until it turns into a rice-like consistency. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, then add the chopped garlic, sauté for 1 minute, then add in the cauliflower, continue to sauté for another 4-5 minutes.
6. When ready to serve, add cauliflower rice to a bowl, top with curry and garnish with coriander.
Serve and enjoy!