Non Toxic DIY Glass Cleaner & All-Purpose Cleaner
The other weekend on my Instagram stories I shared myself making some non-toxic DIY cleaning products. I ended up getting an overwhelming response of people interested in these recipes, so I thought I would share them with you.
Living a life that is low in toxins is something really important to me. Conventional cleaning products are loaded with harmful chemicals that have the potential to lead to various health issues, including hormonal imbalances, skin issues, respiratory problems, allergies, energy struggles and so much more.
I’ve been using natural products for many years now, and since having kids and falling pregnant again with my third it’s even more important to me to make sure the products I use are not harming their health or mine. If I spray a product into the air, on their high-chair, in their room I want to know it’s safe and they aren’t breathing in toxic chemicals.
These DIY cleaning products are easy to make plus they are also very cost effective.
DIY All-Purpose Spray (which is even safe on marble) – this is what I use to make 500ml
- 1/4 cup liquid castile soap (I use Dr Bronner’s)
- 20 drops of a high quality essential oil (I like tea tree, lemon or peppermint)
- Fill the rest of the bottle with filtered or distilled water
- optional – you can add 1/4 cup Isopropanol (rubbing) alcohol, however I don’t find I need it with this recipe
DIY glass, mirror & window cleaner
- 1 & 1/4 cup filtered or distilled water
- 1/2 cup isopropanol (rubbing) alcohol
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 10 drops high quality essential oil (I like lemon)