How I Incorporate 8+ Servings Of Veggies Into My Day
A diet rich in vegetables is key to good health! I personally try my hardest to consume 8+ servings of veggies every single day. It may sound like a lot, but trust me it’s worth it! Vegetables are loaded with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fiber which is all vital for our health. In the rush of life, a few days can often slip away for some people where you may not have consumed enough vegetables. If you want to feel good, have glowing skin, good digestion, a strong immune system it’s important you consume at least 6 servings of non-starchy veggies daily, minimum!
One of the best ways to do this is to establish some regular habits such as drinking a green smoothie or fresh vegetable juice daily, or adding 1-2 handfuls of leafy greens to your lunch and dinner meal, or ordering a side salad when you dine out for lunch or dinner. Small changes can turn into life-long habits. You are worth feeling good, so give your body what it needs to thrive and put the goodness from fresh vegetables into your diet daily!
I’m all about simplicity, it doesn’t have to take hours to make small changes and add more veggies into your life. The easiest and simplest way I incorporate more veggies into my life is to enjoy a smoothie daily with 1-2 servings of greens, roast up one or two oven trays of veggies at once, and pre-chop veggies into sealed containers to use later on during the week. It has to be quick and easy, if I can do it, you can too!
To make things easy for you I will break it down into each meal so you can see how I add more veggies into every part of my day. This is not my exact diet, but it gives you an idea of different ways to incorporate more veggies into your lifestyle.
- Smoothie: My ‘Go-To’ Breakfast Smoothie
- Eggs: 2-3 eggs with 1-2 handfuls of leafy greens, avocado and 2 pieces of sourdough or gluten free bread
- 2 cups roasted veggie, 1-2 handfuls leafy greens, avocado + chicken + kumara
- Salad: 1-2 handfuls leafy greens, grated carrot, grated beetroot, boiled eggs + brown rice or quinoa, drizzled in my green goddess dressing
- Roast: Chicken with roasted non-starchy veggies + leafy greens + a tahini dressing
- Spaghetti with chicken, mushroom, broccoli, peas and basil pesto
- Mexican quinoa bowl
- Salmon, brown rice, pumpkin, kale salad + a tahini dressing
- Simple paleo spaghetti bolognese on a large bed of greens (courgette, broccoli)
Try to make sure ½ your lunch and dinner plate is from veggies!
- Veggie sticks with hummus (carrots, cucumber, celery)
- Rice cakes with hummus, tomato, cucumber, avocado
- Smoothie with leafy greens
- Nori veggie rolls
- Fresh vegetable juice
What’s your favourite way to incorporate more veggies into your lifestyle? Comment below, I’d love to hear from you!
If you are interested in a meal plan, healthy recipes or food preparation tips to help you boost your vegetable and general nutrition intake please don’t hesitate to get in contact with me today!
To book a consultation click on the button below or send me an email at [email protected]. I’d love to help you achieve great health!
Hi I’m Natalie, a Registered Clinical Nutritionist, health influencer, blog writer & recipe creator. My own health complications prompted me to make positive diet & lifestyle changes, revitalize my health leading to a career change from the corporate world to nutritional medicine. I believe in a wholefoods approach to good health, focusing on simple strategies for modern, busy people.