DIY Natural Lip Balm
This gorgeous, easy-to-make DIY natural lip balm recipe is by the lovely Triona from Wendyl’s. “It’s a beautiful blend which contains only five ingredients that moisturize and protect your lips whilst being light and shiny, try putting some on over lipstick for a glossy sheen.”
For this recipe, Triona chose sweet orange essential oil to flavour the balm as it’s fruity and fresh but not overpowering.
“One batch makes approximately six tablespoons or 85 grams, you can buy small containers at most two dollar shops or at the supermarket that is perfect for this recipe – buy a pack of circle stickers, hand make a label and you’ll have a lovely inexpensive gift to give to friends and family.”
Here’s what you need to make your natural lip balm
- 1 Tbsp cocoa butter
- 1 Tbsp beeswax
- 1/2 Tbsp castor oil
- 3.5 Tbsp sweet almond oil
- 8 drops sweet orange essential oil
1. To make your lip balm you’ll need a double boiler or a smallish heat resistant glass bowl that will fit down into a saucepan filled with hot water, make sure your water is hot but not boiling, Triona found keeping the element set to medium-low was a good heat.
2. Place all the ingredients except the essential oils into the double boiler/bowl and heat until melted, stir well to combine, take off the heat, add the essential oils and again stir well.
3. Fill up your lip balm containers and rest the lids on gently until cooled so they don’t get condensation. Once cool tighten the lids and your balms are ready.
Hi I’m Natalie, a Registered Clinical Nutritionist, health influencer, blog writer & recipe creator. My own health complications prompted me to make positive diet & lifestyle changes, revitalize my health leading to a career change from the corporate world to nutritional medicine. I believe in a wholefoods approach to good health, focusing on simple strategies for modern, busy people.