Did You Know Stress Depletes Magnesium?
- reducing stress and anxiety
- improving sleep quality
- supporting blood sugar levels
- it helps to relax muscles (including the bowel muscle)
- it’s important for cardiovascular health
- it helps the heart maintain a healthy heart rhythm
- it helps keeps blood pressure normal
- it can help protect against depression
- helps to reduce migraines or headaches
- helps to reduce PMS symptoms
- it plays a role in bone health
I could go on and on. When you’re rushing around being “busy”, have a busy work/life schedule, constantly worrying or overthinking things, drinking alcohol, not eating enough leafy greens or plant-based foods, exercising a lot, you’re running through your magnesium like crazy!
When looking at supplements with magnesium quality absolutely matters! Most over the counter supplements contain magneisum oxide, this is a poorly absorbable form you want to avoid (or throw in the bin if it’s the form you see on the back of a bottle you have at home). The most bioavailable form I like is magnesium bisglycinate, that is what I use mostly in clinic, or magnesium citrate when constipation is an issue.
If you’re interested in getting a personalized supplement plan to support your health goals or would like access to practitioner grade supplements I offer a 15-minute phone call supplement review which you can book here.