The thing I love about bircher is that it is so quick and easy to make and tastes delicious. You simply throw ingredients together into a bowl or glass jar, pop it into the fridge to soak overnight, then grab it and go in the morning. The recipe below is full of so much goodness, it'll leave you feeling energized for the day ahead. It's packed with vitamins and minerals, is easy to digest (from the soaking) and is loaded with protein, good-fats and fibre.
This recipe is for one serving however you can make a big batch of it and refrigerate it for up to one week.
• 1/2 cup oats
• 1 tablespoon linseeds
• 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
• 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
• 1 tablespoon chia seeds
• 2-3 chopped dates
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1 tablespoon vanilla pea/rice protein (optional)
1. Mix all ingredients together into a bowl or glass jar.
2. Cover with water or milk alternative (almond, rice, coconut), make sure there is enough liquid to cover ingredients completely, then place jar into the fridge overnight.
3. Top with figs, berries, grated apple, yoghurt or enjoy it just as it is.