If you’re after a healthy easy meal you'll want to try this tamari roasted chicken drumsticks with roasted sweet potato and brussels sprouts. Simplicity at it's finest! It’s also a budget friendly recipe (even organic or free range drumsticks are quite affordable).
If you have a busy schedule and don’t prioritize healthy eating then this meal is for you! You can easily double the recipe and make enough for 4 servings. It's perfect for a lazy dinner or lunch. You really can’t go wrong! Plus it makes minimal mess, so no excuse to not eat healthy!
For the chicken
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons tamari (gluten free soy sauce)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Pinch of himalayan salt
For the vegetables
- 3 cups brussels sprouts, chopped in half
- 2 small sweet potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Olive oil
- Himalayan salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 180℃. In a small bowl mix together tamari, sesame oil, garlic, chili and salt.
2. Place drumsticks in a small oven proof dish. Pour marinade over the top of the chicken evenly and place the dish in the oven for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes remove from oven and turn the drumsticks over.
3. On an oven tray add the chicken dish, chopped brussels sprouts on one side and sweet potato on the other, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Sprinkle the pumpkin and sesame seeds on top of the brussels sprouts and toss together.
4. Place the oven tray in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the chicken and vegetables are cooked through.
Recipe by Natalie Brady, from Natalie Brady Nutrition ©
Share this with your friends ...