This healthy sweet berry omelette is my latest breakfast addiction. During weekdays I prefer sweet breakfasts to savoury, and this is one of my favourite warming breakfasts that is packed with protein and healthy fats to keep you satiated all morning.
I know you might think berry and omelette or sweet omelette don’t go in the same sentence, but trust me it’s absolutely delish!! I challenge you to give it a try! This berry omelette is so delicious and nutritious and great way to start the day! It’s also dairy, gluten, grain and refined sugar free.
It can be whipped up in under 10 minutes which is another bonus!
• 2 eggs
• 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• 1 tbsp psyllium husk
• 1/4 cup coconut cream
• 6 drops stevia (or 1 tsp sweetner of choice)
• 1 tbsp vanilla protein powder
• 1 tsp coconut oil for frying
• 1/2 cup blueberries
To Serve - optional extras (but worth it!)
• 1 tbsp tahini (or nut butter)
• ½-1 banana
• 1 tbsp ground seeds to serve
1. Whisk all ingredients in a bowl except berries until well combined. Stir berries through.
2. Heat coconut oil in a large frypan over medium heat.
3. Once oil has melted, pour in the mixture into the pan and allow to cook. Once the edges begin to look cooked, flip it. Cook through for a further 1-2 minutes.
4. Plate it up and then top with nut/seed butter and chopped banana.
5. Fold the omelette over and enjoy!!
Recipe by Natalie Brady, from Natalie Brady Nutrition ©