It doesn’t get much easier than this! There is zero excuses to not make a healthy dinner with this recipe. All you’re required to do is put aside 10 minutes to chop up some ingredients, add them into a slow cooker, turn it on and walk away! Come home 8 hours later and you’ve got yourself a warming, nourishing, soulful dinner. My husband and I have been loving this recipe over these chilly winter nights, it’s a cook once, eat twice kind of meal we like to enjoy for two nights in a row.
- 500g beef
- 4 potatoes, cut into chunks
- 4 carrots, halved and cut into half moons
- ½ head of celery, cut into half moons
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and diced
- ½ bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 beef stock cube
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups of water
- Place all ingredients into a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat for 8 hours, or high heat for 4 hours.
- Serve immediately, garnish with parsley if desired.