This simple, healthy apple crumble is so easy to make and will fill your house with sweet aromas. It makes a delicious healthy dessert you can whip up in no time. If you’re lucky enough to get leftover it makes a great breakfast paired with greek or coconut yoghurt and a handful of chopped nuts or seeds, otherwise enjoy it as an afternoon snack.
- 6 apples
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- To serve: greek yoghurt, coconut yoghurt or coconut ice-cream
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Wash the apples and cut them into cubes (with skin on), make sure to remove the core.
- To make the crumble add rolled oats, coconut, cinnamon, maple syrup, coconut oil into a food processor and pulse together until combined, it should stick together.
- Place chopped apples into a medium-sized oven dish and put over ¼ cup water over the apples. Spoon the crumble mixture on top. Bake for 30-40 minutes until the crumble is golden.
- Remove from the oven and serve with thick coconut/greek yoghurt or coconut ice-cream.