Who doesn't love a burrito bowl, especially when it contains wholefood ingredients and you can whip it up in 15 minutes! It's the NB nutrition way - simple, healthy, quick! If I'm not in the mood to make dinner but still want to fill my body with goodness this is one of my go-to's. It's high in fibre, vegetarian protein and healthy fats from the delicious avocado dressing. It's also a fantastic meal to make to make when meal prepping to use as lunches or a pre-made dinner during busy weeks.
Ingredients - Serves 3-4
- 1 cup quinoa (uncooked)
- 1x 400g black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 corn
- 1 handful of parsley, finely shopped
- 3-4 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 handfuls romaine or cos lettuce, roughly chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 ripe avocado
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- Pinch of salt
1. Cook quinoa as per instructions. Once cooked rinse under cold water and drain well.
2. Cook corn in boiling water for 5 minutes, OR enjoy it raw. Slice cobs off the corn with a knife.
3. To make the dressing add all ingredients into a blender or nutribullet and blend together until smooth.
4. Add cooked quinoa, black beans, corn, parsley into a bowl and stir together until well combined.
5. To assemble in a bowl or plate, add one large handful of lettuce, one chopped tomatoes, 1.5 cups of the quinoa bean mixture and drizzle or spoon the avocado dressing on top.
Recipe by Natalie Brady, from Natalie Brady Nutrition ©