Hands up if you enjoyed a few more wines, ice-creams, cheese and crackers over the Christmas/New Year season, I know I sure did! I like to relax a little more over the holiday season as often I’m away with friends and family and I don’t put pressure on myself to eat perfectly. I know it’s only for a short period of time, and I’m all for balance! But, I’ve had my fun, and now I’m in need of a reset. Anyone else feeling the same? I have started my annual 14-Day Reset Plan with lots of my gorgeous clients this week, if you want to join us feel free to jump on board, it’s not too late! If not, here are 5 tips to help you get back track after the holiday season.
1) Start your day with a big glass (300-400ml) of warm water with the juice from ½ a lemon – it’s helps to hydrate and cleanse body upon waking (do this before coffee, tea, breakfast), it should be the first thing you do upon waking.
2) Up your leafy green intake – aim for 2 servings each day. Add 1 handful to your morning smoothie, 1 handful with lunch, heck why not add an extra handful with dinner! Mix them up to keep things interesting, use kale, rocket, spinach, silverbeet.
3) Move your body for 30 minutes daily - it helps to keep our lympatic system flow, helping to remove and eliminate toxins from your body. Exercise also releases endorphins to make you feel good. Aim to move your body for 30 minutes each day, yoga, pilates, weights or a walk around the block are some great options. Keep it simple, remember there is no need to punish yourself at the gym for an hour doing intensive exercise, instead focus on movement.
4) Love your liver - it’s your body’s main detoxifying organ, which can often get overload over the Christmas and New Year season if you’ve enjoyed more alcohol and unhealthy foods. Support your liver by enjoying 5-6 alcohol free days each week. Swap alcohol for a soda or sparkling water with fresh lime or lemon, kombucha or sugar-free iced herbal tea. Your liver will thank you for it!
5) Commit to eating clean for 7-14 days - to restart and cleanse your body naturally. Avoid all processed foods, refined foods, sugar, fruit juice, soft drinks, alcohol (if you can – it’s nice to give the liver a break). If you would like a clean eating meal plan to follow purchase my 14-Day Restart Plan today – Now Only $19.95! (Usually $29.95 – offer has been extended due to popular demand). Myself plus many of my clients started this plan on Monday (yesterday), so why not join us! It’s a simple, delicious wholefoods based plan which is easy to follow and contains lots of delicious healthy recipes.
Don’t forget - be kind to yourself, and give yourself time to get back into a healthy routine. It’s not going to happen overnight, so try your best to make a few small changes over the next 1-2 weeks. Keep it simple, eat well (without dieting, deprivation, juice fasts) so you can feel amazing again in no time!
If you need extra help getting back into routine, or would like a personal nutrition plan to follow, get in touch with me or book a consultation today! I’d love to help you kick-start the New Year with a bang so you can feel like your happiest, healthiest, bet self! My support and guidance will be with you the entire way!