Spring has sprung which means our bodies naturally calls for lighter, fresher meals. This simply prepared tamari tempeh with kale and lentil salad lacks in neither flavor nor nutritional benefits, and comes together start to finish in about 15 minutes. It's loaded with vegetarian protein, fibre and other good-for-you nutrients to fuel and nourish your body. It’s the perfect meal to cook for company on a weeknight when lack of time requires a quick yet elegant meal.
If you try this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and let me know what you think! Better yet, show me by taking a picture and tagging it #nataliebradyhealth on Instagram! I seriously love seeing what you guys cook up!
Ingredients: - serves 2
- 250g tempeh, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 pinch chilli flakes
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed
- 250g punnet cheery tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 400g tin lentils, drained and rinsed
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium sized fry pan, melt coconut oil over medium heat. Add tempeh, tamari, chili flakes and sea salt. Cook tempeh for 2-3 minutes on both side until golden brown.
- In large fry pan, melt coconut oil over medium heat. Saute onion an garlic for 2-3 minutes, then add kale, tomatoes, lentils and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until kale leaves start to wilt and lentils are heated/cooked through.
- Add the kale and lentil mixture to a plate, sprinkle pumpkin seeds on top, drizzle with lemon, then top with tempeh and season with salt and pepper.
Enjoy! x x
TIP: If you aren't a fan of tempeh you can use chicken breast or organic sausages instead.
Recipe by Natalie Brady, from Natalie Brady Nutrition ©