I've had so many requests from my Instragram account to share this on my website, so here you guys go!! This is my homemade paleo protein bars which I've been raving about. If you're not one for making your own healthy snacks I highly recommend at least trying this recipe, you seriously can't go wrong! It's so nutritious and is the perfect satiating afternoon snack.
There's no better way to ensure your health stays on track than making your own food. Store bought protein bars are often filled with additives and nasty ingredients that aren't doing your health any favours. What I recommend is to give this recipe a go, with this simple, healthy recipe you can't go wrong. There is something so satisfying about making your own healthy snacks - they also taste SO much better than the processed kind.
- 1 cup almond
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup
- 1/4 cup tahini
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup dark choc chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
1. Add almonds and sunflower seeds into a food processor, process until it turns into a flour like consistency.
2. Add all the remaining base ingredients into the food processor and process together until well combined. Line a square baking dish with baking paper and press mixture into the baking dish.
3. Melt dark chocolate and coconut oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir together thoroughly and then pour over base.
4. Place dish into the freezer for 1-2 hours to set. Once set, remove from freezer, take the slice out of the baking dish and slice into 8 bars. Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for 5-7 days.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
Recipe by Natalie Brady, from Natalie Brady Nutrition ©