As a clinical nutritionist one thing I deal with a lot in clinic is helping clients lose weight, as well as helping them improve their energy levels, their digestive system and self-esteem so they can feel their most vibrant, happiest self. Weight loss isn’t easy. It takes commitment and dedication.
I take a holistic approach to helping clients lose weight to help them achieve meaningful, long-term weight loss, not just a quick fix to look good during the summer months. A holistic weight-loss programme can help you shed extra kilos while understanding the comprehensive causes and effects of weight gain and loss.
If you are struggling to shift weight or need some guidance to maintain healthy weight loss for the long term please send me a message, I’d love to help you reach your goals. Check out my consultation page to see how I can help you, or head over to my contact page to send me a personal message. I’d love to hear from you!
Mention this blog post to receive $30 off your first initial consultation with me over the month of September 2016.
In the meantime, here are 5 healthy weight loss tips.
1. Protein! Make sure you add protein to every meal, especially in the morning. Protein helps to balance blood sugar levels, it also keeps you feeling satiated for longer periods of time throughout the day – helping you combat those dreaded 3pm sugar cravings. Good protein sources include eggs, fish, legumes, meat, tofu, tempeh, quinoa, nuts, seeds and hummus.
2. Exercise! Aim to move your body for 30 minutes a day. Incorporate 2-3 weight and resistance trainings each week, by exercising more muscle we trigger fat burning hormones and help speed up our metabolism. Pilates, lifting weights, TRX training and yoga are some great options.
3. Eat until you 80% full! Eat mindfully, sit, chew and enjoy your food. Try eating your meals out of smaller bowls and plates and stop eating before you feel completely stuffed! Post meal allow for rest and digest, so your food is properly digested.
4. SLEEP! 8 hours of sleep each night is a must! Research shows that good sleep will assist with weight loss by regulating our appetite hormones. Good quality sleep also allows your body to restore itself (especially if you've been increasing your exercise). Sleep helps to reset our nervous system into the parasympathetic 'rest and digest' response.
5. De-stress! When you are stressed your body releases cortisol, a fat storing hormone. Put aside 10-15 minutes each day for yourself, to unwind and de-stress! This is important for helping to nourish your adrenal glands and signalling the nervous system to kick into the parasympathetic ‘rest and digest’ mode. This is incredibly important for healthy weight management and hormonal balance. You could try to meditate (even if it’s just for 5 minute), I like to put my legs up against the wall for 15 minutes every night. Other options include reading, a walk around the block, or simply just sitting and focusing on your breath, allowing your belly to rise and fall (breathing in for 4 counts, hold, then out for 4 counts). Try to do this 2-3 times throughout the day to you relax, unwind and be present.
Share this with your friends ...
You might also like ...