If you don't have much time to cook, work long hours, what to eat healthy but don't know where to start, then pull out your slow cooker, dust it off, chop up a few ingredients, and give this recipe a try! I really encourage simplicity and focusing on wholefoods when it comes to cooking, and this recipe is no different! I love a recipe when you can cook once and eat twice, and this is what my husband and I like to do with this recipe. Or, if you have a family to cook for then this is the perfect recipe for you!
Winter is now upon us which calls for more warming, grounding dishes. This coconut quinoa curry is a recipe my husband and I have been enjoying regularly over these cooler months. It's a great recipe which you can prepare in 10 minutes or less, then turn on the slow cooker and walk away for a few hours. I like to cook this meal to enjoy two nights in a row for when our schedules are busy to save cooking time, you could also freeze the leftovers to enjoy another week.
- 1 broccoli head, roughly chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato (about 2.5-3 cups worth)
- 1/4 purple cabbage, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 cans of chickpeas
- 2 cans coconut cream (full fat)
- 1 cup quinoa (any colour)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated or finely chopped
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2-1 tsp chili flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Once you’ve prepped all ingredients (as above) add all ingredients into the slow cooker pot. Stir all ingredients together until well combined.
3. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours (or high for 3-4 hours) until the quinoa is cooked.
4. Remove lid and stir everything together again. Season with additional spices or freshly chopped herbs (coriander or parsley) or salt and pepper if desired.
5. Grab a ladle spoon and serve food into bowls.