Simple. Fresh. Easy. That’s the NB nutrition way! This cleansing quinoa, carrot and almond salad is a wholesome nourishing meal which can be enjoyed as a side dish or main. It's of course completely gluten free, dairy free and sugar free. It's loaded with vegetarian protein as well as being full of good-for-you satiating fats, and lots of fibre - YAY. What's not to love!
Serves: 4 as a side, or, 2-3 as a main.
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 5 carrots, copped into thin rounds
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/2 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup slithered almonds
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Olive oil
- Sea Salt
For the dressing:
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- Juice from 1/2 a juicy lemon (or 1 not so juicy)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Pinch salt
1. Pre heat oven to 200 degrees celsius, and line a baking tray with baking paper. Add chopped carrots to the baking tray and fan bake for 25-30 minutes until they start to go nice and crunchy.
2. Cook the quinoa according to the packet instructions, then drain. Let it cool slightly for 5-10 minutes while carrots cook).
3. To make the dressing add all ingredients into a small cup and mix together until well combined
4. Onto a large serving platter add quinoa, spread it around the base of the plate, then top with spinach, parsley, slithered almonds, carrots, chickpea and drizzle the dressing on top.
Enjoy as it is or mix all ingredients together.
Recipe by Natalie Brady, from Natalie Brady Nutrition ©