I have the simplest Christmas cake recipe for you! If you need a heatlhy Christmas cake to whip up this Christmas I would highly recommend giving this recipe a try. All you need to do is make sure you've got all the ingredients on hand, so when you want to whip up the cake all you have to do is add all ingredients into one bowl, mix it together until it's well combined and then pop it into the oven. That simple!
Hope you enjoy this recipe and have a very Merry Christmas.
- 4 cups dried fruit (I used a mix of cranberries, saltanats and chopped dates)
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup slithered almonds
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 cups wholegrain spelt flour
1. Preheat oven to 160C fan forced.
2. Line a cake tin with baking paper.
3. Add all ingredients into a large bowl and mix together until well combined.
4. Pour mixture into the cake tin and then bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes until skewer comes out clean.
Recipe by Natalie Brady, from Natalie Brady Nutrition ©