It's time I share with you a very moreish, finger-licking good recipe I've been enjoying for a while now... my chocolate crunch bars! This recipe is ridiculously easy to make (simplicity is my motto)! They are gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free and vegan friendly! They make a very satiating snack for when that dreaded 3-4pm sweet tooth comes on, or a yummy post dinner treat!
Remember to tag #NBnutrition if sharing this recipe on social media, I always LOVE seeing your creations!
- 2 cups puffed brown rice cereal
- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup brown rice syrup or pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Pinch salt
1. Melt coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat. Once melted add cacao powder, rice syrup, vanilla essence and salt. Stir together until combined.
2. Add puffed brown rice to a mixing bowl and pour chocolate mixture ontop, mix together until well combined.
3. Line a square baking dish with baking paper, pour mixture in and spread evenly. Pop this mixture into the freeze for 15-20 minutes to set.
4. Once set, lift baking paper out of the dish, and place onto a chopping board, cut into 8 bars and enjoy! Keep in freezer so chocolate stay set.
Share this with your friends ...
Recipe by Natalie Brady, from Natalie Brady Nutrition ©