I’m always trying to encourage my clients to increase their vegetable intake and also their protein intake, and this balsamic and herb chicken with veggies is one very simple way to achieve just that! I cook one pan meals all the time and thought I would start sharing some of my personal faves with you so that you too can enjoy them! This takes no time to prepare is perfect for a light nutrient dense dinner. It can be enjoyed as it is or with some brown rice on the side if you feel you need a little something extra!
2 chicken breasts (150-200g)
1 bag green beans
10-12 portobello button mushrooms
1 punnet cherry tomatoes
2-3 tbsp olive oil
Sea salt and pepper to taste
Balsamic & Herb Sauce
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp balsamic glaze
4 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Arrange the green beans, mushrooms, and cherry tomatoes on the baking tray. Nestle the chicken breasts in the middle of the tray.
3. Drizzle olive oil over vegetables and season with salt and pepper
4. Mix all sauce ingredients together in a small bowl, whisk until combined. Spoon the mixture over each chicken breast.
5. Place the tray in the oven for 25-30 minutes until chicken is cooked through.