Many of you have probably heard that drinking a glass of warm water with fresh lemon juice in the morning is good for us, but why? Lemon water provides our bodies with plenty of vitamins, minerals and vital trace elements. The body works very hard overnight processing and detoxifying many substances. Upon rising drinking a glass of warm water with fresh lemon juice is extremely hydrating for the body, helping to flush out toxins, and boost our energy.
Here are 10 reasons to drink more lemon water:
1. Boosts the Immune System - lemon is an excellent source of vitamin C, an essential nutrient that protects the body against immune system deficiencies. They are also high in potassium, which stimulates brain and nerve functions.
2. Aids Digestion - helps flush out unwanted materials and toxins from the body. It encourages the production of bile.
3. Balances pH Levels – lemons are alkalizing foods for the body.
4. Clears Skin – With the help from their high vitamin C content, as well as other antioxidants which helps to combat free radical damage, helping to decrease wrinkles and blemishes. As well as helping flush the body and improve digestion.
5. Cleanses Your System - lemon water is a diuretic, as it helps flush out unwanted materials in the body.
6. Increases liver function - The citric acid in lemons helps maximize enzyme function, this stimulates the liver to function more effectively aiding detoxification.
7. Helps to reduce pain and inflammation – it dissolves uric acid.
8. Aids weight loss – lemons contain pectin fiber, which aids in the suppression of hunger cravings.
9. Increases your electrolytes – it provides the body with plenty of hydrating electrolytes in the form of potassium, calcium and magnesium.
10. Regulates bowel movement – lemon water helps the bowel muscle contract and relax more effectively.