Keeping meals simple and nutritious is key if you want to preform your best in all areas of your lifestyle; whether you are a working mum, own a business, work two jobs, studying and working at the same time. Ensuring you eat well 80% of the time is going to give you the energy you need to keep up with the demands of life. If you’ve been following me for a while you’ll know I probably over-use the word simplicity. However, I truly am all about simplicity, especially when it comes to living a healthy lifestyle and being “busy”. So , I want to share with you 10 of my lunch and dinner recipes that can be made in 15 minutes or less, which are nutritious, quick but delicious!
One of my go-to favourite recipes which I throw together on a regular basis is a simple prawn stir-fry, I always keep frozen prawns in my freezer. You can use any veggies you like in this recipe (I often cook this meal near the end of the week with whatever veggies are left in my fridge).
Prawn stir-fry – serves 2
- 350-400g prawns
- 1/2 onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 broccoli head, roughly chopped
- 6-8 button mushroom, roughly chopped
- 2 courgettes, roughly chopped
- 3-4 tbsp seeds (pumpkin/sesame)
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2-3 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ¾ - 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
1. Cook quinoa as per packet instructions (in water for 15 minutes). Once cooked drain in a sieve and set to the side.
2. While quinoa is cooking, melt coconut oil in a large fry-pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
3. Next, add the prawns and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes (until defrosted if using frozen prawns).
4. Add the rest of the ingredients (except for the seeds) and stir-fry for 5-7 minutes until vegetables are tender (not well cooked).
5. In a bowl, add the cooked quinoa, top with the prawn stir-fry mixture and sprinkle with seeds, (optional – drizzle with extra sesame oil, it delicious)!