Beetroot Carrot Quinoa Fritters (Video)
This is a simple, healthy meat-less dinner which you can whip up in no time! What’s great about them is that they are a good source of protein + fibre which helps to fill you up + keeps blood sugar levels stable, making these beetroot carrot quinoa fritters the perfect food if you’re watching your weight and wanting to boost your nutrition intake
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (1/2 cup dry)
- 1 medium beetroot, grated
- 1 medium carrot , grated
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1 brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup goats feta (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp coconut oil for frying
- 4 large handfuls of rocket, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
1. Cook quinoa as per instruction. Once cooked cool down to room temperature.
2. Add cook quinoa, grated beetroot, carrot, chopped onions, garlic, eggs, brown rice flour, salt pepper to a mixing bowl and mix together until combined. Add goats feta now if using and stir through the mixture. Form the mixture into 6 evenly sized fritters.
3. Melt coconut oil in a large fry pan over medium heat. Add the fritters to the pan and cook them until golden brown, 5-6 minutes per side.
4. Serve cakes on a bed of rocket and parsley. Additional extra: top with 1 tbsp feta and 2-3 tbsp chopped herbs.