Talk about getting in your greens! One thing I emphasize in not only my diet, but my clients diets is to bump up their nutrition profile by adding in lots of leafy green veggies. This is one easy way to do it! This low carb super green omelette is high in protein and healthy fats and can be whipped up in under 10 minutes. It's a perfect healthy breakfast or easy lunch option. You need a few ingredients, a fry pan and you are good to go!
- 3 whole eggs
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- 1/2 large avocado, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Break eggs into a blender or nutribullet then add 1 handful of spinach, turmeric and blend together until combined (do not over blend).
2. Heat coconut oil in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat. Pour egg mixture into the saucepan and cook for 2-3 minutes on one slide, then flip omelette and cook until the other side is golden (1-2 minutes).
3. Place the omelette onto a plate, add the handful of spinach and sliced avocado onto one half of the omelette, then fold the omelette in half, sprinkle with salt and pepper and enjoy!