Bliss balls are wonderful things made with nuts, seeds, coconut, dates and many other gorgeous ingredients. A lot of recipes out there contain dates, and I know some people struggle to find a sugar-free version, so I wanted to create one for you.
This recipe is not only sugar free, it’s also dairy free, gluten free, raw, paleo and vegan friendly! I love making a big batch in the weekend so I can grab them and go as I need throughout the week. I find they keep me super satisfied and satiated between meals when I need a quick energy boost or have a sugar craving. Because they don’t contain any refined or fruit sugars and are packed with protein and healthy fats they help to stabilize blood sugar levels.
They are literally so easy to make, all you need is a food processor and the ingredients and your ready to rock and roll. You simple add all ingredients together and mix until well combined. If you don’t have a food processor you could use a nutribullet (which is what I like to use when I’m feeling lazy).
- 8 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons tahini (or nut butter)
- 2 scoops nuzest chocolate protein powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup warm water
1. Add all ingredients into a food processor and blend together until well combined. If the mixture is too wet, add more seeds; if the mixture is too dry, add a splash of warm water.
2. Roll into balls of your desired size. Pop them into the fridge in an air tight container and refrigerate for up to one week.
(optional - if the mixture is to plain for you and you do prefer a touch of sweetness adding 1/4 cup of dates may suit you better. This would mean you get roughly 1/4 or less of a date in each bliss ball).