If you are after a light, simple, colourful and flavourful salad this summer I would recommend giving this a try. It’s perfect if you are strapped for time and need to whip up a healthy dish. It contains colourful fresh ingredients that combined well together to nourish your body and give you a boost of energy. Colourful salads also provide a wider variety of nutrients to help your body flourish.
I definitely wouldn’t’ skip the dressing on this salad, it adds a beautiful flavour to the dish and is full of good fats from the olive oil. Fats are essential as they help the body digest and absorb all the nutrients in the salad. Feel free to play around with ingredients in this salad, you could easily swap the purple cabbage to white cabbage, add roasted pumpkin, additional leafy greens, avocado or cherry tomatoes.
• 1/4 purple cabbage, thinly sliced
• 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
• 2 radishes, thinly sliced
• 1 large handful of rocket
• 1-2 tablespoons pumpkin or sunflower seeds to garnish
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• Juice of 1/2 lemon
• 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
• Pinch of salt
1. Mix all salad ingredients together in a bowl (except for seeds).
2. Mix all dressing ingredients together in a jar and shake well.
3. Pour dressing over the salad, sprinkle seeds on top and enjoy!