Pure soul food! What could be more comforting than a bowl of chicken soup on a wet, cold and rainy night. This simple chicken soup takes about 10 minutes to prepare. All you have to do is chop up all the ingredients, add them into a slow cooker, then walk away for 8 hours!
A key ingredient in this soup is the raw apple cider vinegar, as it helps to draw out essential minerals from the chicken bones, helping to make this soup mineral rich. Bone broth along with the garlic, turmeric, veggies and protein are key ingredients to help keep your immune system strong during the cooler months.
- 1 whole organic or free range chicken
- 5 carrots, diced or cut into circular chunks
- 5 courgettes, diced or cut into circular chunks
- 1 large white onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 6 cups of water
- 3 tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- Place chicken in the middle of a slow cooker, then add in all the remaining ingredients.
- Set on low for 8 hours.
- Once finished, remove the chicken and shred it from the bone. Place chicken back into the slow cooker and mix ingredients together. Using a ladle pour soup into bowls and enjoy!
Nat x x