No time? No worries!! This is the perfect easy dish to whip up after a long day which hits all the criteria, healthy, fast and delicious. Simplicity is best when it comes to cooking, especially these days with everyone living busy lives.
This dish is something you can prepare in a matter of minutes. It’s so basic and only contains a few ingredients, but is super nourishing.
Salmon is one of my favourite foods, it’s jam-packed full of goodness. It’s a fantastic source of easily digested protein, high in omega-3 as well as vitamins like vitamin D, A and some members of the B-family.
If you wanted to bulk this meal up you could easily add some brown rice or quinoa to the dish for even more health benefits.
For 2 servings
- 2 x 100-150g salmon fillets
- 2 handfuls of green beans, chopped in half
- 3 medium courgettes, rinsed and sliced
- 1 lemon, chopped in half
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 squeeze lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- Pinch himalayan salt
- 1-2 chopped garlic cloves (optional)
1. Add coconut oil to a skillet pan and heat on stove over medium heat. Once the pan is hot add the salmon fillets (skin side down) and the veggies. Season with salt and pepper and the juice of ½ a lemon.
2. Cook salmon without moving it until the sides are cooked just past halfway up the fillets (about 4-8 minutes depending on thickness). Stir the veggies around the pan every minute or so to cook on all sides until slightly soft but still a little crunchy.
3. Once salmon has cooked just past halfway, flip it and cook without moving until the sides are fully cooked (or just before if you like it a little more rare).
5. For dressing all add ingredients together in a glass or jar, and mix together until combined.
6. Serve warm, add salmon fillets and veggies onto plates, drizzle with tahini dressing.