I'm a Japanese food lover, and I've been to so many Japanese restaurants that offer broccoli coated in a delicious miso dressing so decided it was time that I created my own version of it. So here you go!
This is the perfect simple, crunchy, healthy and quick side dish to any main meal!
I absolutely love broccoli and finding new ways to incorporate it into my diet so I don't get bored of it. Broccoli is a superfood which is full of alkalizing, anti-inflammatory and phytonutrients which help to support optimum health and protect against disease. It's rich in antioxidants, vitamin C, E and CoQ10. It's also an amazing source of B vitamins, vitamin K, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus and manganese. Another bonus is that it's part of the cruciferous vegetable family, which contains many liver loving properties. A true superstar food!!
- 2 broccoli heads, chopped into florets
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Olive oil spray
- Sea salt
- 1.5 tablespoons miso paste
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Turn on oven to 180°.
2. Line a baking tray with baking paper, arrange the chopped broccoli on the tray and spray or drizzle with olive oil.
3. Season with sea salt and and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Add tray to oven and roast for 20-25 minutes, until crunchy.
4. To make the miso glaze add all ingredients into a bowl and mix together until well combined.
5. Drizzle dressing over the broccoli and enjoy!