This raw caramel slice is probably the best thing I’ve ever made. It’s ridiculously yummy and is full of nutritious ingredients! My partner is obsessed with it (even going to the extent of making it for himself, and he’s not a baker/raw food maker so that’s a big deal!) This slice is full of real wholesome food’s that will make your taste buds run wild!
For those who have never tried tahini and maple syrup together you are in for a treat! It is the best and most delicious combination ever! If you need to make a dessert or anything sweet for a party, I couldn’t recommend this more! It’s completely guilt free and is gluten, dairy and refined sugar free! There’s nothing not to love about this!
It’s also super easy and quick to make, if my partner can make it, you can make it! It’s definitely one to impress guests with. Or keep to yourself!
• 1/2 cup medjool dates
• 1.5 cups of seeds (I normally use a 50/50 mix of pumpkin & sunflower seeds)
• 1/2 cup tahini
• 1/2 cup maple syrup
• 1/4 cup coconut oil
• 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
• Large pinch himalayan salt
• 3 tablespoons raw cacao
• 3-4 tablespoons maple syrup
• 1/2 cup coconut oil
1. Grind pitted dates and seeds in blender/food processor. If it's not becoming sticky add an extra date or two.
2. With a spatula or back of a spoon press mixture into a rectangular or square dish, that's been greased in coconut oil.
3. Blend caramel ingredients together and pour over biscuit base and set in the freezer for 20 minutes.
4. While the slice is setting, mix all chocolate topping ingredients together in a small pot over medium heat until coconut oil is melted and the ingredients are well combined.
5. Pour chocolate topping over slice and place back in freezer to set again (roughly 20-30 minutes).
6. With a warm knife, cut into small squares to serve.
Enjoy! :) xx