Introducing my new favourite breakfast. It’s packed full of protein and healthy fats, it's an ideal way to start the day or re-fuel post workout. This delicious recipe is high in protein, low carb, healthy, delicious, paleo friendly and extremely satiating. They will keep you satisfied until lunch!
It’s so important to consume a good quality protein source at breakfast, especially if you want to avoid the afternoon slump or crave caffeine and sugar to get through your days. Whether you want to increase your energy levels throughout the day, decrease sugar cravings or maintain a heathy weight I would highly recommend including protein with your breakfast.
This recipe is easy, and I mean super easy to make! It’s also gluten free, grain free, dairy free, sugar free and paleo friendly!! What’s not to love? Oh and did I mention they are perfectly fluffy? Yup, it’s amazing I know. Try them for yourself and let me know how you get on in the comments below.
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 scoop nuzest vanilla protein powder
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 cup frozen or fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut (optional topping)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
1. Add eggs, cinnamon, protein powder, milk and baking powder into a bowl and mix until together. Then add coconut flour and stir through until thoroughly combined.
2. Add coconut oil to a fry pan and heat over medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes. Pour pancake mixture into the fry pan in three even circles. Cook until golden, 3-5 minutes on each side.
3. If using frozen raspberries, heat a small pan over low heat, add raspberries and warm slightly for a few minutes.
4. Transfer pancakes to a plate, pour raspberries on top, sprinkle with desiccated coconut if desired and enjoy!