This is one of my favourite nourishing and warming recipes as it's so simple to make and is super customizable. This recipe contains very basic ingredients however you can jazz it up by adding additional veggies such as courgettes, green beans, broccoli, carrots, even sweet potatoes or tomatoes.
This meal is so warming and nourishing to your insides and contains ingredients which will help boost your immune system. Plus it tastes delicious, so what's not to love!
Health promoting Ingredients:
Garlic - strengthens the immune system, helps flight off coughs and congestion
Turmeric - high in antioxidants and is anti-inflammatory
Ginger - helps elevate throat and sinus infections, is anti-inflammatory
• 6 boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1" pieces
• 5 garlic cloves (chopped)
• 1 large white onion (chopped)
• 1 can coconut cream
• 2 tablespoon curry powder
• 1 teaspoon turmeric
• 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
• 2 teaspoon chilli flakes (more if you like it spicier)
• 2 tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil
• salt and pepper to taste
• Coriander to serve
• 1/2 head cauliflower (chopped)
• 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
• Salt and pepper
• Coconut oil or olive oil for frying
1. In a large fry pan add the coconut oil over medium heat. Once it melts add the chopped garlic and onion and saute for 3-5 minutes.
2. Add curry powder, tumeric, ginger, chilli flakes and saute for another 30 seconds.
3. Add the chicken and cook until browned on both sides. Add vegetables here if desired and cook for a few minutes to soften.
4. Add the coconut cream and bring to a boil (add 1/2-1 cup of water here if you prefer more liquid). Reduce heat to a simmer, and simmer away for 25-30 minutes. Stir it every so often to combined flavours and make sure nothing sticks to the bottom of the pan.
5. Cauliflower rice - while the dish is simmering take the chopped cauliflower florets and add it into a food processor, and process until it turns into a rice-like consistency. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, then add the chopped garlic, sauté for 1 minute, then add in the cauliflower, continue to sauté for another 4-5 minutes.
6. When ready to serve, add cauliflower rice to a bowl, top with curry and garnish with coriander.
Serve and enjoy!
Recipe by Natalie Brady, from Natalie Brady Nutrition ©