I'm excited to share this paleo bread loaf recipe with you because even though it's completely grain and gluten free, it actually tastes really good and toasts really well! It makes for a seriously satisfying breakfast or lunch meal. I love topping it with smashed avocado, poached eggs, a pinch of chilli flakes and sea salt . You can also enjoy it as a snack, toasted and topped with hummus, tomato or cucumber.
- 1.5 cups nuts or seeds (I've been using half pumpkin seeds and half sunflower seeds)
- 2 cups raw veg, peeled/grated/cubed (I like it with grated courgette, you can also use pumpkin, sweet potatos or carrots)
- 3 eggs, separated
- ¼ cup coconut oil (or butter)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Optional additions: chopped nuts/seeds
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees celsius. Grind nuts/seeds in a food processor until finely ground.
2. Add in raw veggies, egg yolks, oil and salt and mix until veg/fruit is finely ground and mixture is like a thick batter.
3. In a separate bowl whip the egg whites with an electric mixer.
4. Add 1/3 of the whipped egg whites to the food processor bowl and mix until combined. Turn batter out into a large bowl, and gently (but thoroughly) fold through remaining egg whites, and any additions to batter you'd like.
5. Place batter into greased loaf tin, pop it into the oven and cook for 40-50 mins, or until skewer inserted in centre comes out clean.
Store the loaf in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week, or wrap well and store it in the freezer for a few months.