I'm a breakfast lover, it's my favourite meal of the day! I have a sweet tooth in the morning and always prefer a delicious smoothie or a porridge topped with fruit over anything savory. I decided to share what my 'go-to' morning smoothie is with you. I absolutely love this smoothie, it can be thrown together in a matter of minutes and is full of healthy fats, protein and greens to nourish your body and give you lasting energy. This normally keeps me going until lunch!
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 banana
- 1 large handful of spinach
- 1-2 tablespoons flaxseeds
- 1-2 heaped teaspoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon natava superfoods maca powder
- 1 scoop vanilla or strawberry clean lean protein
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 cup almond or rice milk (if it's too thick i'll add either a little more milk or a dash of water)
Sometimes I'll swap tahini with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, or sometimes I'll use 1 cup of frozen blueberries and 1/2 banana.
My fav toppings: raw cacao nibs, goji berries, paleo granola, coconut flakes, pumpkin seeds
1. Add all ingredients into a blender and blend together until smooth. Pour into a glass jar and enjoy! I often top mine with raw cacao nibs and goji berries.