If you are after an energizing morning drink, then you're in the right spot! Matcha is one of my new fav superfoods. I have recently started adding it into my diet. I'm not much of a coffee drinker, so this is the perfect substitute for me. My favourite time of the day to enjoy this delish latte is with breakfast. If for some reason I need an afternoon pink-me-up this is one of my go-to's, along with 1-2 of my favourite chocolate bliss balls.
I like to add the powder to brown rice milk and brew an antioxidant rich green tea, it can also be added into smoothies or baking. Matcha does have quite a strong taste, this is why I pair it with brown rice milk as it is a naturally sweet milk. Then add a little raw honey for extra health boosting benefits and a little more sweetness.
Matcha health benefits:
- It's super high in antioxidants, it's been said to have 137 times more antioxidants than green tea
- It supports energy production
- Calms the mind and relaxes the body as it contain the amino acid theanine
- Boosts the metabolism and helps with weight management
- Rich in fiber and vitamins and minerals
- Contains chlorophyll, good for detoxification
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 1 cup brown rice milk (or any milk alternative)
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
1. Add milk and matcha to a small saucepan, mix together over medium heat until until hot.
2. Stir in honey at the end, pour into a mug and enjoy!
Recipe by Natalie Brady, from Natalie Brady Nutrition ©