The whole family will love this quick and easy vegetarian version of spaghetti bolognese. Even my meat loving husband was very impressed! This lentil spag bowl comes together in no time and is flavourful, hearty, protein and fiber rich.
- 2x 400g Chantal Organics canned lentils
- 2x 400g Chantal Organics canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 6-8 button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2-1 teaspoon Chantal Organics chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon Chantal Organics coconut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 packet gluten free spaghetti
1. Melt the coconut oil a large fry pan over medium heat, add onions and garlic and saute for 3-5 minute until clear.
2. Add the lentil, tomatoes, mushrooms, chilli flakes, salt and pepper to the pan. Put the heat down slightly and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
3. Rinse the pasta and cook as per instructions.
4. Once pasta and bolognese are done, serve the bolognese over the spaghetti and garish with fresh parsley.
Nat x x