Winter is coming! Don't wait until the sniffles hit, start boosting your immune system now! This warming tea is great to help fight off any colds or the flu. I've just started adding this tea into my diet.
With my never ending 'to-do' list I don't have time to get sick and run down. Plus, a sick practitioner is not a good look when seeing clients. I like to practice what I preach, this is why I'm putting steps in place now to keep my immune system strong.
This recipe is also great to treat any respiratory infections. It truly does help to relieve symptoms and shorten the duration and severity of infections.
Why it's so good:
- Ginger - a powerful antiviral herb that helps the body get rid of toxins, stimulate circulation and boost your immune system. It's also a strong antioxidant, anti-microbial, a natural anti-biotic and is anti-inflammatory. It helps ease the pain of a sore throat, decreases congestion, gets rid of chills and fever, promotes circulation, cleanses the blood, relieves indigestion and nausea.
- Turmeric - a potent spice which is anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-viral. It helps reduce inflammation in the body, and is wonderful for treating congestion associated with respiratory infections.
- Cayenne Pepper - fantastic for breaking down and clearing mucous and boosting circulation.
- Raw honey - (not processed honey which has no medicinal properties). Raw honey is high in antioxidants, is anti-viral, contains natural anti-biotics, stimulates the immune system into action and helps to fight respiratory conditions.
- Lemon - helps with our bodies detoxification process by stimulating digestion and breaking down mucous. It's high in vitamin C, antioxidants and is anti-bacterial.
So here it is... enjoy this anytime throughout the day or night.
- 1.5 cups of water
- 1 cm slice of fresh ginger root, sliced or grated
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
1. Boil water and ginger root in a small pot for 5 minutes. After a couple of minutes add turmeric and cayenne pepper.
2. Let this sit for a few minutes, then add honey and lemon juice.
3. Stir, sip and enjoy!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE