I am totally obsessed with bliss balls! They are an absolute staple in my fridge. They are the perfect healthy snack you can go to during the busy working week, and the best part is you can whip up a batch in under 10 minutes!
I usually make a big batch in the weekend, then during the week I grab a couple and put them in a container to take with me during the day. These keep me satisfied and satiated between meals, especially if I'm after a quick boost of energy or have sugar cravings. They are also delicious after dinner for a little treat.
• 10 medjool dates or 1 cup regular dates (soaked in boiling water for 10-20 minutes to soften)
• 1 cup seeds or nuts, I like to use pumpkin and sunflower seeds
• 1/3-1/2 cup cacao powder
• 1/2 cup desiccated coconut + extra for coating
• 1/3 cup water (or left over water from the soaked dates)
1. Place seeds or nuts into a food processor and blend for a minute until it turns into a flour like consistency.
2. Add the remaining ingredients into the processor and blend until well combined, until the mixture becomes sticky.
3. Use hands and roll into small, then roll the balls into the additional coconut.
These will keep in the fridge for a week (if they last that long), or you can store them in a container in the freezer and then just grab them and go as you need. Enjoy! Xx
Recipe by Natalie Brady, from Natalie Brady Nutrition ©