Those who know me know I'm obsessed with greens and making sure I get my daily dose of liquid greens either by a smoothie or a freshly squeezed juice. Green veggies are loaded with chlorophyll which are extremely alkalinising, have anti-inflammatory properties and also help to detoxify your body, leaving you feeling refreshed and energised. Green smoothies are the perfect afternoon pick me up, which is when I like to enjoy mine.
• 1 cup spinach
• 1 large kale stalk
• 1 banana
• Handful of fresh mint leaves
• 1 tablespoon chia seeds
• 1 cup coconut water or filtered water
• 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
• 4-6 drop of stevia (optional)
1. Throw all ingredients into a blender, whiz up into a nice smooth consistency, pour into a glass and enjoy!
Note: Can be made in advanced and kept in the fridge for a day or two.