I receive so many messages from you guys about how much you're loving my banana bread recipes, so I decided …. why not make a new one! This one is for all you chocolate lovers out there. This double chocolate banana bread is gluten free, dairy free and of course ridiculously easy to make! It’s the #NBnutrition way! It a delicious snack to enjoy with a nut butter or tahini smeared on top! I hope you love it as much as I do!
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup brown rice syrup or pure maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Optional – an extra banana to slice on top
1. Heat oven to 180 degrees on fake bake.
2. Add mashed banana, rice malt syrup, egg, vanilla, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, flour, cacao powder to a bowl and mix together.
3. Melt coconut oil over low heat until melted. Pour this into the banana mixture and mix together until well combined.
4. Pour into lined loaf tin and cake for 50-55 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean. Wait for it to cool down slightly (20ish minute), slice up and enjoy while it’s still warm!
Recipe by Natalie Brady, from Natalie Brady Nutrition ©