If you wan't to make someone's day, bake them this coconut banana bread! Because lets be honest, who doesn't love banana bread! I love it because it’s so simple to make and it’s yummy on it’s own or wonderful with all sorts of toppings such as coconut yoghurt, tahini, raw honey or smashed banana.
It goes perfectly alongside a cup of herbal tea as a snack or this week I've been enjoyed it for breakfast toasted, topped with Chantal Organics Tahini, coconut yoghurt alongside a protein smoothie.
- 2 cups coconut thread or desiccated coconut
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup Chantal Organics coconut oil
- 1/3 cup Chantal Organics rice syrup
1. Heat oven to 180.
2. Add mashed banana, coconut, flour, baking powder, salt and eggs to a bowl and mix together.
3. Melt coconut oil and syrup over low heat until coconut oil is melted. Pour this into the banana mixture and mix together until well combined.
4. Pour into lined loaf tin and cake for 50-55 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean. Wait for it to cool down slightly (20ish minute), slice up and enjoy while it’s still warm!