Here is an amazing recipe that is seriously finger licking good! This has recently become my new fav afternoon snack. It's full of healthy fats and protein to help keep blood sugar levels stable, yet it still satisfies your sweet tooth from the natural sweetness of the dates. It's completely gluten free, dairy and refined sugar free. I always love to drizzle the bars in melted dark chocolate for extra deliciousness.
- 1 cup medjool dates (or 1 cu regular dates, soaked in boiling water for 15 minutes)
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ¼ cup ground flaxseeds OR LSA
- ¼ cup cranberries
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- ¼ cup nuzest chocolate protein powder
- Pinch of sea salt to taste
- 3-4 squares of dark chocolate (I use lindt 70%)
1. Combine all ingredients into a food processor and mix together until well combined and the mixture becomes sticky.
2. If the mixture sticks in your hand and holds together you know it’s ready. If it’s too dry you can add 1 or 2 dates OR a splash of water.
3. Pour mixture into a square baking dish or tuppawear container. Flatten mixture with your hand. Pop the mixture into the fridge to set for 15-20 minutes. You can then cut the mixture into bars and to jazz them up drizzle them with melted dark chocolate.
Nat x x