If you love carrot cake then you will love this, it's creamy, crunchy, chewy and sweet!! It may sound strange at first but trust me it's absolutely DELICIOUS! It's prepared in a matter of minutes and is full of nutrients to keep you fuelled throughout the morning. By soaking the chopped dates overnight with the oats it allows the natural sugars in the dates to come out and give this meal a delicious sweet flavour. You've got to try it for yourself!
• 1/2 cup oats
• 1 cup milk alternative
• 3-4 chopped dates
• 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
• 1 small carrot grated (about 1/2 cup)
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger (can omit)
• 1 scoop vanilla pea protein (I use nuzest) or 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Soak oats, chopped dates and cinnamon in milk overnight.
2. Pour oat mixture into a small pan and add grated carrot, pumpkin seeds, ginger and protein (if using). Bring pan to medium heat and stir for around 5 minutes.
3. Once cooked place oats in a bowl and top seeds/walnuts, raisins, tahini or some greek yoghurt.
If desired drizzle some raw honey for extra sweetness.