These healthy blueberry, banana oat muffins are super yummy and easy to make, you can whip up a batch in under 10 minutes, then pop them into the oven to cook away.
Perfect for breakfast or a healthy snack. I often make a batch on Sundays to enjoy throughout the week. Perfect for kid’s lunch boxes too! They are bursting with goodness and are dairy and refined sugar free.
• 2 cups oats (ground into a flour using a food processor/nutribullet)
• 2 ripe bananas (mashed)
• 1 cup frozen blueberries
• 1 egg
• 1/3 coconut or olive oil
• 4 tablespoons maple syrup
• ½ cup milk (rice, almond, oat, soy)
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
• Pinch of salt
1. Turn oven onto 180°. Line a muffin tin with muffin cups or coconut oil.
2. Combined oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
3. Mash the banana in a bowl. Then add milk, egg, oil, vanilla and maple syrup and whisk together (using a fork is fine). Add this mixture to the dry ingredients.
4. Mix in the berries. Pour into muffin tin.
5. Bake for 25 minutes until cooked through (a tooth pick should come out clean).
Recipe by Natalie Brady, from Natalie Brady Nutrition ©