It doesn't get much simpler than this, baked eggs and veggies - one-pan meal. The perfect easy to prep weeknight lunch or dinner meal, or weekend breakfast. It's a dish which you can add any veggies to you like. Have some fun with this recipe and see what delicious combinations you can come up with!
- 2 cups starchy veggies, chopped into 1 inch pieces (I used sweet potato, you could also use pumpkin or potatoes)
- 4 cups non-starchy veggies, chopped (I used capsicum, burssel sprouts, broccoli)
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 8 eggs
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sesame oil (optional to drizzle on after the dish is cooked)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Place all the chopped veggies onto a roasting tray. Drizzle vegetables in olive oil then sprinkle with turmeric, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until veggies have softened.
2. After 20 minutes gently crack the eggs on top of the veggies. Pop it back into the oven for another 10 minutes, until eggs are set.
3. Drizzle with sesame oil (optional) and enjoy immediately.
Recipe by Natalie Brady, from Natalie Brady Nutrition ©
Share this with your friends ...