Acai bowls are one of my FAVORITE breakfasts during the summer months, they also make a great healthy snack! They’re healthy, filling, full of nutrients, and tastes like a dessert! This is my go to acai bowl recipe – I hope you like it as much as I do!
Ingredients - Serves 1
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 1 tsp acai powder (or you can use the frozen acai blend if you can find it!)
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds (adds lots of fibre which help keep you full!)
- 1 cup milk of choice (I use almond milk)
- Optional - 1 serving vanilla/strawberry protein (to make this a complete & balanced meal)
- Toppings of choice – granola, chia seeds, cacao nibs, fruit, nuts, seeds, coconut, etc.
1. Put the frozen banana, berries, acai powder, chia seeds and milk in a blender and mix well until it’s all combined.
2. Pour the mixture into a bowl, and add your favorite toppings!
Tips For Making The Perfect Smoothie Bowl
To make sure you get a sweet and creamy smoothie bowl, use ripe bananas. Peel the banana, and then cut it up into 6-8 small pieces. Put the banana pieces in a small plastic bag and put in the freezer overnight. I like to keep a few frozen bananas in the freezer at all times :)
Go easy on the toppings. Adding foods such as honey, nuts and nut butters can increase the calories significantly. You can still use these, but try to keep toppings to a minimum to avoid eating a super high calorie meal.